Thermal batteries have become the preferred solution for air, space and defense reserve power systems. Thermal batteries are safe to handle, have an exceptionally long shelf life, are reliable and have superior performance under extreme environments, making them the perfect power solution for all military weapon systems, space launch and deployment applications, and backup emergency systems.
Our Research and Development efforts focus on :
• Enhancing the understanding of physical phenomena associated with thermal batteries.
• Enhancing design optimization methods
• Using experimental and computational tools
• Using new materials for anode, cathode, and electrolyte
• Creating new manufacturing techniques for thinner cell production
• Creating designs for thinner insulation materials
• Developing state of the art manufacturing and inspection equipment.
ATB's goal is to develop the next generation of advanced thermal batteries improving their performance while maintaining a competitive price.